14th June 2022 (Hybrid event: face-to-face and online)
Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research (IDÆA) – Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) C/Jordi Girona 18-26 Barcelona, Spain
Rationale: LIFE REMY assesses how Emission uncertainty impact air quality modelling and offers a set of modelling/observed case studies to support the implementation/assessment of guidelines to reduce air quality modelling uncertainties. LIFE REMY invites experts and stakeholders that can offer interesting outcomes from their ongoing activities and suggest new issues that, to a limited extent, could be assessed by REMY.
9.00 CET: Session A (75 min): Preliminary results of LIFE REMY project
Chair F. Amato (CSIC)
- 9:00 – 9: 10 “LIFE REMY LIFE project: an overarching introduction” (G. Maffeis – TerrAria srl).
- 9:10 – 9:20 “Literature and experimental emission factors uncertainty” (M. Bedogni – AMAT)
- 9:20 – 9:30 “Top-down bottom approach: uncertainty source in emission inventory” (G. Jeleniewicz – IEP NRI)
- 9:30 – 9:40 “Po Valley and Milan case study” (E. De Angelis and G. Pirovano – RSE)
- 9:40 – 9:50 “Catalonia and Barcelona case study” (F. Amato – CSIC)
- 9:50 – 10:00 “Southern Poland and Krakow case study” (J. Strużewska – IEP NRI)
- 10:00 – 10:15 Questions time
10.15 CET: Session B (1h): Learning from other ongoing activities/projects
Chair G. Pirovano (RSE)
- 10:15 – 10:30 “Residential waste burning emission factors” (A. Gelencsér – University of Pannonia / S. Janssen VITO) TBC
- 10:30 -10:45 Condensables organics and Particulate Matter (Hugo Denier van der Gon, TNO)
- 10:45 -11:00 Emission perturbation and effect on modelling (Marc Guevara BSC)
- 11:00 – 11:15 Modeling activities in the RI-URBANS project” (Marc Guevara – BSC)
11.15 CET Coffee break (15 min)
11.30 CET Session C (1h): Stakeholders discussion (Italy, Spain, Poland, FAIRMODE, TFEI)
Chair P.Thunis (JRC)
Round table on REMY project topics: some issues to be addressed are put on the table and provided before to stakeholders. Open debate.
12.30 CET Conclusions (30 min: P. Thunisand G. Maffeis)
13.00 CET Close session