Local/Regional/National emission inventory discrepancies and integration improvement also through an online web tool
An overview of the available BU in geographically distributed regions of interest (Southern Poland, Barcelona and Po Valley) inventories, as well as the comparison of TD and BU approaches, will be accomplished. Also, available TD inventories will be analyzed for all regions of interest. The results will serve as a base for further analysis planned in the scope of Action A.2.
– An online web-based tool will be designed with the purpose to refine (relocating) low-resolution inventories and further to combine with high-resolution inventories. The relocation of lower solution emission will be based on available proxy land use/landcover information assigned to particular activity sectors (most probably GNFR).
– For models dealing with biogenic emissions and option to relocate global/regional biogenic estimates according to land use/vegetation type will be prepared. It is assumed that modelling studies using relocated low-resolution emission will show:
• Different results than using original low-resolution emissions
• The better spatial pattern of pollutants concentration on the region’s boundaries
• Better agreement of AQ modelling results with observations